Anthony Terras, French shooter born in 1985, how his passion for Skeet shooting bloomed. A love which led him to attain an Olympic bronze medal and a world cup!
1. How did your passion for skeet shooting begin?
By chance. One day I was walking with my parents nearby a hill when suddenly we heard some shotgun shots. I immediately asked where they came from and they took me to the firing range thereabout. I started in this way, enrolling in a simple shooting discipline introductory course.
2. How did you realize that Skeet was your discipline?
Actually I started practising Skeet shooting immediately because the owner of the shooting club that I attended was member of the French national team of this discipline.
3. What was your most exciting victory?
Certainly the bronze medal I won at the Beijing Olympics in 2008.
4. To what extent are the Gemini choke tubes essential for the success of your sporting achievements?
I can certainly affirm they are essential for my performance. They ensure excellent precision and constant shooting quality, target after target.
5. What’s their strong point in your opinion?
The boast manifold pluses: first of all the quality of the product and the wide available range in terms of models and choke tubes. In addition, I greatly appreciate the steady technological research underlying their development and the appearance distinguishing them.
6. What advice would you give to a young person approaching this sport?
To train consistently and seriously and to believe in his dreams.
7. What about your latest sporting achievements?
I was crowned vice world champion in 2014 (Granada - Spain) and 2015 (Lonato - Italy), moreover I won the World Cup in Al Ain (United Arab Emirates) in 2015.
8. Would you like to give us some advice to further improve our product?
It would be nice to choose among different personalized items, in particular I would like to have a hint of colour on the external chokes!
9. What about your training for Tokyo?
I am an athlete of the selection which will compete at the Tokyo Olympic Games and for this reason I am training at my shooting range for a full three hours a day. Besides that I obviously add an intense work which is conversely focused on physical training.
10. What’s your way to concentrate?
I love isolating myself in a sort of "bubble" and relaxing while listening to music.
11. What weapon do you use and what chokes do you choose?
I am used to shooting with my Beretta DT11 shotgun and prefer Gemini external chokes; SK1 for the bottom barrel and IC **** for the top one.